Tuesday, September 13, 2011

For Starters

So, I'm a little deranged, kind of arrogant, a bit of an ass, and love computers and gaming. I'm all for crazy high graphics, synthetic benchmarks, overclocking, and generally doing stuff that sounds really impressive to the uninitiated.

Really, though, none of it is as impressive as it sounds, and at least until you're looking to set records, a lot of it is much easier than you'd expect. As it turns out, you don't need to understand some crazy alphabet soup, or install plumbing in your PC, just to get decent performance out of it.

The real truth of it, despite what the people trying to take your money at Best Buy try to tell you, is that computers don't require some crazy Tibetan monastic lifestyle to understand. So, now that we're on the same page with all that, I guess I'm done with this first bit. I'll be following up with some bits and pieces I've done elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment